Purpose & Overall Duties:
- Act as a department head and facilitate communication between the therapists as well as the other department heads in the Long Term Care setting.
- Be responsible for tracking, calculating, and reporting all Medicare related information for rehab patients and for monthly reports.
- Effectively complete the tasks and duties as a therapist and a rehab director while maintaining appropriate productivity as set forth by Essential Rehab Solutions.
Leadership & Management
- Assist in staffing and coordinating schedule with therapist in the department as well with other facilities
- Manage staffing needs in order to provide needed Rehab Services
- Assist with new employee orientation to the rehab department
- Assist with keeping the Rehab department personnel informed on all pertinent patient information.
- Goes above and beyond the everyday Therapist duties to perform duties as Rehab Manager.
Collaboration with Team members/ Family members
- Attend required meetings with other departments and relay pertinent information to rehab staff
- Facilitate open communication with Nursing and MDS staff for reporting of patients’ participation in therapy, concerns with pt’s condition, and information for MDS tracking.
- Facilitate communication between family members and therapists as needed or desired by family of patients.
Documentation / Logistics/ Patient Satisfaction
- Report MDS information to the MDS office timely and accurately
- Complete computer and paper documentation efficiently.
- Take responsibility for maintaining departmental appearance
- Manage day to day clinical and financial obligations of the department
- Responsible for achieving patient satisfaction, reporting and maintaining appropriate quality indicator measures for the department / facility and complying with productivity standards set by Essential Rehab Solutions.
- Demonstrate Professional Growth & Development
- Personal development in assuring evidence based practice in the LTC setting.
- Maintain a good rapport with department head, managers, and staff in the Long Term Care facility.
General Skills Required:
- Establishing and Maintaining Interpersonal Relationships – Developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintaining them over time.
- Training and Teaching Others –Identifying the educational needs of others, developing formal educational or training programs or classes, and teaching or instructing others.
- Making Decisions and Solving Problems – Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates – Providing information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, email, or in person effectively.
- Time management- Managing one’s own time and the time of others.
- Social Perceptiveness- Being aware of others’ reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Active Listening- Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
Minimum Experience, Education, and Licensure:
- Professional License and in Good Standing
- 1 Year Preferred Experience in LTC
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Medicare requirements as relate to therapy services
- Ability to work closely with Rehab. Department Managers for betterment of the Rehab Department
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to plan needed therapy services according to requirements of MDS
- Encourage teamwork and collaboration within rehab department and all other departments.
- Strive to maintain a non-judgmental perspective
- Understand the needs and expectations of customers and strive to meet them.
- Pitch in and work as a team to manage and cover for absent therapists.
- Display openness to change and new learning
- Lifting from ground level, waist level, and/or overhead;
- Standing, sitting, walking, pushing, pulling, bending, kneeling, crouching/squatting, driving
- Location: Facility; LTC Facility Following Universal Precautions; Indoors; Outdoors if necessary
- Climatic/Environmental Conditions:. Could face various weather conditions traveling to and from job sites