Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist therapists with transporting patients, filing and copying paperwork and relaying relevant messages to nursing and demonstrating good communication skills with nursing staff and patient’s/ family members.
- Maintaining tidiness and the flow of the therapy department
- Reports to Rehab Director
Direct Patient Contact
- Be responsible for transporting therapy patients to and from the therapy room
- Assist therapy with treatments as needed, once in-serviced, therapist responsible for direct supervision
- Complete clerical duties including organizing, copying and filing therapy paperwork
- Record keeping of items
- Responsible for mailing items to physicians as needed
Therapy Room Maintenance
- Assists in maintaining the cleanliness of the treatment area.
- Reports any problems with department equipment to ensure that it is maintained
- Cleans work area and equipment after treatment daily
Inventory & Supplies
- Maintains appropriate supplies for therapy room (Kleenex, gloves, cups, etc.)
- Maintains an inventory of rehab equipment and supplies/ may order as directed by Rehab Director
General Skills Required:
- Establishing and Maintaining Interpersonal Relationships- Developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintaining them over time.
- Training and Teaching Others –Identifying the educational needs of others, developing formal educational or training programs or classes, and teaching or instructing others.
- Making Decisions and Solving Problems – Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates – Providing information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, email, or in person effectively.
- Time management- Managing one’s own time and the time of others.
- Social Perceptiveness- Being aware of others’ reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Active Listening- Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Performing General Physical Activities- Performing physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials.
Minimum Experience, Education, and Licensure:
- GED or High School Diploma
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of computers and computer documentation
- Good organizational skills
- Good communication and people skills
- Lifting from ground level, waist level, and/or overhead; Standing, sitting, walking, pushing, pulling, bending, kneeling, crouching/squatting;
- Must be able to lift at least 100 lbs.; using proper mechanics
- Location: Facility; LTC Facility Following Universal Precautions; Indoors; Outdoors if necessary
- Climatic/Environmental Conditions:. Could face various weather conditions traveling to and from job sites